2017/2018 Key Dates
Film Critics: Today, December 13, winners from Dallas ForthWorthFCA, ChicagoFCA and Film Comment Magazine. Nominations from HoustonFCS, PhoenixCC. PhoenixFCS.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Higher Ground


I’m really not crazy about religion films but when I see one that shows something special that I haven’t seen before I have to spread the word as not only Vera Farmiga debut film is surprisingly good but also story critiques religion from a very natural point-of-view that becomes quite entertaining. So no matter if you care or not for any religion, film will take you into a nice voyage that starts when Corinne (played by Farmiga) is a child and accepts God followed by a process that will disenchant her from her beliefs; indeed most of all –in brief- film has a woman story worth watching.

Movie has very good –and surprising- tech specs, but Farmiga’s storytelling style is what will engage you and will allow you to watch her film that absolutely showcases Farminga not only as a great performer but also as a good storyteller. Great.

Please do not expect much and I’m sure you will enjoy this film as much as I did; I do recommend film especially to women and to those that are not that crazy about any religion.

Enjoy!!!

Watch trailer @MOC

No comments yet