Tuesday, January 19, 2010

67th Golden Globes Winners


Even if by now most of you know last night winners and found that my predictions were not really that wrong, here they are in my very first post using my brand new laptop with a lighted keyboard that's just cool.

Best Picture Drama: Avatar
Best Picture Comedy or Musical: The Hangover
Best Actress Drama: Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side
Best Actress Comedy or Musical: Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia
Best Actor Drama: Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart
Best Actor Comedy or Musical: Robert Downey Jr in Sherlock Holmes
Best Supporting Actress: Mo'nique in Precious
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds
Best Director: James Cameron for Avatar
Best Animated Movie: UP

Best Foreign Language Film: Das Weisse Band-Eine Deutsche Kidergeschichte (The White Ribbon)

Seems that gossip was right as Cameron and Avatar got the big awards, which I do not know what to think yet as hasn't been able to watch the movie. But a blockbuster winning major American awards is not common, but has happened before a few times, including once to a James Cameron film, remember Titanic? Hope to be able to watch Avatar tomorrow and hope to at least enjoy the special effects as serious buzz says that the story is not really good.

The award show was entertaining and I know that not many like Ricky Gervais kind of humor, but his sharp darkish humor is what kept me awake until the end of the show. He really makes me laugh hard.

From TV categories I'm really happy that Toni Collette was honored for the great United States of Tara, as well as Drew Barrymore for her performance in Grey Gardens and from the clips now I know that I have to watch Georgia O'Keeffe with Joan Allen and Jeremy Irons. Already watch and like Big Love with Chloe Sevigny very dramatic performances during last season and a well deserved honor.

So now I have little doubt that Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock will be nominated for Best Actress, that Jeff Bridges will also be nominated, and that Christoph Waltz has an Oscar in his future.

That's it for this year.

No comments yet