Saturday, February 28, 2009

34th César Award Winners


Last night the Academy had the awards ceremony and here are the winners.

Best Film: Séraphine
Best First Film: Il y a longtemps que je t'aime, Philippe Claudel
Best Foreign Film: Valse avec Bachir, Ari Folman
Best Director: Jean-François Richet for Mesrine
Best Actress: Yolande Moreau in Séraphine
Best Actor
: Vincent Cassel in Mesrine
Best Supporting Actress: Elsa Zylberstein in Il y a longtemps que je t'aime
Best Supporting Actor: Jean-Paul Roussillon in Un conte de Noël
Best Female Newcomer: Déborah François in Le premier jour du reste de ta vie
Best Male Newcomer
: Marc-André Grondin in Le premier jour du reste de ta vie

To check all the winners go here. I have been “dying” to see Séraphine and according to what I have been reading plus the trailers I know that I will enjoy it a lot; still I’m sorry that Kristin Scott Thomas didn’t won the award, but I know that Yolande Moreau performance is extraordinary. So glad that Vincent Cassel won as well as Mesrine’s director, Cassel performance is truly remarkable and unforgettable and the movie is high quality entertainment.

A la prochaine!

No comments yet