2017/2018 Key Dates
#Oscars2018 Foreign-Language Film: Today, August 20, news from Costa Rica and Colombia.
SaveSaveSave

Friday, November 21, 2008

Butch Jamie


If you check my wish list you’ll notice that this Michelle Ehlen movie is or was not in there as truly I imagined that this would be one movie I will not like. Surprise, surprise! I did enjoy this movie and I even laugh a lot with the silliness of the movie. What I liked the most was the sharp sarcasm and the light satire of the movie industry.

Written by Michelle Ehlen, she also stars in the title role of Jamie an out-of-work butch lesbian actress that dressed as a femme goes to an audition that obviously does not work. Her gay friend David tells her to go to auditions like she really is and finally she gets a role that she’s hesitant to take, as she’s offered to play a man. Eventually she signs a confidentiality agreement to not tell anyone that she’s a woman and accepts the role. What follows is a highly predictable story, but this time I didn’t mind as it was quite fun to go into the voyage than reaching the destination.

Performances are acceptable and after a while you get used to the Jamie character style and start to enjoy all the silly things that happen. Production values are low, but then perhaps besides probably lacking a good budget, it was done in a mockumentary style, just as her next role with Howard the cat lol!

Not a masterpiece but a movie that could make you laugh/smile and as such I recommend it to many that read this blog and enjoy the lesbian interest genre.

Enjoy!

No comments yet