Friday, December 10, 2010

The Social Network


I have a love-hate relationship with facebook so when I learned that a film about it was being produced I announced that will ‘never’ watch such film and my public announcement was done in facebook of all places! LOL! But not only I totally fall for the buzz/marketing and watched the movie but also after watching I did another facebook post that started with something like “have to eat all my words… film is good”! Yes film as a film is very good and tells a very engaging story that who knows how accurate to reality is, but actually is not relevant as what is told is very compelling, engaging and interesting as Aaron Sorkin did a good job with the screenplay plus David Fincher was able to direct a film that –in my opinion- grew beyond the real social network story.

I believe that have seen almost all films with Jesse Eisenberg as I enjoy this young man performances even when he has done similar characters in most films; but here he finally broke the mold and got a not-nervous, not-odd, not-nerdy (yep not a mistake, you want nerdy see Adventureland) role that think will propel his career into more interesting paths for this young actor. Very good and I do believe that this film is his film and he absolutely stole it. If an actor should get recognition from this film, Eisenberg is the one in my book.

As many of you know by now, film tells about how Mark Zuckerberg came with the idea to do the social network plus all the not-so-good things that happened while building his now considered social network empire.

Film already started to collect honors in current award season and don’t doubt that all honors are well-deserved as film honestly is a well crafted film that will very fast engage you with the fast-paced story development. I wouldn’t be surprised if Oscar top award goes to this film and if film gets it will make the top winner a good choice that -for a change- merges good cinema with mainstream/commercial cinema.

Not a movie that will watch many times once is more than enough but if by any chance you have not seen it yet I strongly suggest that you do as soon as you can, you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy!!!

Watch trailer @MOC

No comments yet