Monday, February 01, 2010

2010 Sundance Award Winners


Last night the fest had its award ceremony and here are the winners.

Dramatic (or Feature Films)

Grand Jury Prize: Winter’s Bone, Debra Granik, USA
World Cinema Jury Prize: Animal Kingdom, David Michôd, Australia
Audience Award U.S.: happythankyoumoreplease Josh Radnor, USA
World Cinema Audience Award: Contracorriente Javier Fuentes-León, Peru, Colombia, France and Germany
U.S. Directing Award: 3 Backyards, Eric Mendelsohn,
World Cinema Directing Award: Zona Sur (Southern District), Juan Carlos Valdivia, Bolivia
U.S. Special Jury Prize: Sympathy For Delicious, Mark Ruffalo,
World Special Jury Prize for Breakout Performance:Tatiana Maslany in Grown Up Movie Star, Adriana Maggs, Canada

To check winners in all categories, including documentaries and short films, please go here or here.

As I have mentioned in previous years, I’m no fan of Sundance as most award winning films and/or in competition when finally I’m able to watch them I don’t enjoy them. Obviously there are some exceptions and hopefully this year I will find some and for starters I know will like Zona Sur, congratulations to Bolivia!!!

By the way, Mexican Amat Escalante also won an award and support for a film he expects to film within the next two years; not even him is able to explain what's all about. I know I will watch it!!!

No comments yet