Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2010 Oscar (sort of) Interesting News


Usually I do not write about the TV show that will happen on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at the Kodak Theatre… yeah, I’m talking about the Oscar’s telecast; but, today the Academy announced who the producers are and well, I find it interesting and decided to share.

Perhaps some of you are familiar with the TV show So You Think You Can Dance (I love this show… lol!) and perhaps you are familiar with dancing movies like Step Up, Step Up 2 and Step Up 3-D… and even with movies like Hairspray and The Wedding Planner… if you are familiar then you have to know who Adam Shankman is and yes, he is one of the two producers of the telecast.

If you don’t know him, let me tell you that he’s an occasional member of the jury at the TV show (also an occasional choreographer), he produced the three Step movies and he has directed a few movies including the ones above. I find him a very interesting character that has traveled many roads in the entertaining industry and I believe he could bring some fun (hopefully dancing fun) to the Oscar’s show.

The other producer is Bill Mechanic and if you feel like reading the full press release go here.

So, like every year, I hope the show will be REALLY entertaining; unfortunately not every year happens. But I’m still hoping… and this is what Shankman said in an interview that makes me rise my expectations... but at the same time tells me that he's not thinking dancing... shame.

"I personally want to kick up the funny a little bit," Shankman said. "Movies are an invaluable source of entertainment during a very tough time in our country's history. Since entertainment is what we're selling, we want to celebrate that aspect and not just have it be that we're sitting around congratulating ourselves and patting ourselves on the back."

Sigh.

No comments yet