Monday, August 24, 2009

The Spirit


In the cinematic world of Comics to Films lately there have been some interesting adaptations like Iron Man and The Dark Night; but when it comes to Graphic (noir) comics to films I haven’t found one that really called my attention as I found Sin City unwatchable. So, I have been delaying watching this film but I knew I will eventually watch for the female cast: Scarlett Johansson, Paz Vega, Sarah Paulson and Eva Mendes.

The film is truly visually arresting and for me it does not look like Sin City at all, which makes it a little easier to watch. But the story is really weak and silly; so silly that it made me laugh when you’re not supposed to be laughing! The story tells how The Spirit became the hero in his “second life” and among the many character descriptors you find that he’s a womanizer so that’s the reason for the great female cast.

Unless you’re in a mood for an escape moment with eye-popping special effects and good looking female actors in very silly roles, I suggest you skip the movie.

Watch trailer @ Movie On Companion

No comments yet