Tuesday, June 16, 2009

63rd Edinburgh International Film Festival News


The fest will start tomorrow but today I found some interesting (and darkly hilarious) news that I want to share with you all. The fest added to its line-up Lars von Trier’s Antichrist and the big news is that the film “recently passed UNCUT by the BBFC” and was given “an 18 certificate” rating. But I’m reproducing a warning from the official fest site.

CONSUMER ADVICE: Contains strong real sex scenes, bloody violence and self-mutilation.

Gee, that advice should scare many moviegoers, but also will arise the curiosity of others. Me, I knew since Cannes that I have to have one or two strong drinks before daring to watch this film that of course I’ll watch, as I have to watch everything by Lars von Trier.

On the serious side of the news, they also announced the Jury line-up for the British Gala Competion and these are the jurors, President: Director Joe Wright, Actor Frank Langella, American film critic Claudia Puig and actor Sacha Horler. If you feel like checking the jurors in the other competitions go here.

No comments yet