Thursday, April 16, 2009

Romania on the Movie Map


Some of you know my fascination with Romanian cinema and if you share it I suggest you check the article by Ronald Bergan in the FIPRESCI site that gives an opinion about the conference that took place on April 4th, 2009 in Bucharest as part of the NexT Film Festival. The article is here.

But what I liked the most about the article is learning about some new Romanian movies that will be released this year and here they are.

Francesca, Bobby Paunescu
First of All, Razvan Radalescu
Weekend with My Mother, Stere Gulea
The Other Irina, Andrei Gruzsniczki
Tiger Danny, Radu Potcoava
Police, Adjective, Corneliu Porumboiu

No matter if most of the movies have a common theme “leaving Romania” I know that all are a must be seen for me that I hope eventually I could watch them all. Obviously there is one that already has Cannes buzz that is the ONE to watch: Police, Adjective.

Cheers!

No comments yet