2017/2018 Key Dates
Film Critics: Today, December 18, winners from Rolling Stone magazine, PhoenixCC, UtahFCA, Kansas CityFCC and St. LouisFCA. Nominations from VancouverFCC.

Friday, March 06, 2009

3rd Gopo Awards Winners


Organized by the Romanian Film Promotion and voted on by 400 film professional the Romanian awards are named after a character created by late filmmaker Ion Popescu-Gopo, who won the Palme d’Or in 1957 Cannes for Best Animated Short. Here are some of the winners that were announced recently.

Best Picture: Restul e Tacere (The Rest is Silence), Nae Caranfil
Best Director: Radu Muntean for Boogie
Best Actress: Anamaria Marinca in Boogie
Best Actor: Dragoş Bucur in Boogie

Best European Film: Obsluhoval jsem anglického krále (I Served the King of England), Jiří Menzel, Czech Republic

The winners are not yet posted at TIFF site but I assume that soon they will post them as the previous winners are posted there. The Romanian Film Promotion site is here and has a link to a Variety article where you will find some of the winners.

I know I haven’t seen Boogie but I also know that I’ll be seeing it as soon as I go back home.

No comments yet