Friday, March 06, 2009

3rd Gopo Awards Winners


Organized by the Romanian Film Promotion and voted on by 400 film professional the Romanian awards are named after a character created by late filmmaker Ion Popescu-Gopo, who won the Palme d’Or in 1957 Cannes for Best Animated Short. Here are some of the winners that were announced recently.

Best Picture: Restul e Tacere (The Rest is Silence), Nae Caranfil
Best Director: Radu Muntean for Boogie
Best Actress: Anamaria Marinca in Boogie
Best Actor: Dragoş Bucur in Boogie

Best European Film: Obsluhoval jsem anglického krále (I Served the King of England), Jiří Menzel, Czech Republic

The winners are not yet posted at TIFF site but I assume that soon they will post them as the previous winners are posted there. The Romanian Film Promotion site is here and has a link to a Variety article where you will find some of the winners.

I know I haven’t seen Boogie but I also know that I’ll be seeing it as soon as I go back home.

No comments yet