Saturday, March 07, 2009

18th Verzaubert International Queer Film Festival


From March 18 to 25 the fest will take place in Berlin and will also run in Frankfurt (from March 25 to April 1), Cologne (March 26 to April 2) and Munich (April 1 to 8).

There are many movies that you can browse in the Berlin catalogue that is here, but if you wish to attend the fest in another city I suggest you check the city catalogue and/or schedule.

Since I know that some of my known readers live in Germany here are some of the lesbian interest films that I suggest to watch in the big screen.

Sens Interdits (Prohibited Senses), Sumeya Kokten, Belgium, 2008 (lucky you all that can go)
When Kiran Met Karen (very lucky you all that can go)
Steam
To Each Her Own
Tru Loved
I Can’t Think Straight – screened in a matinee with coffee and croissants (just great isn’t?)
Champion – from the boxing ring to the bedroom (??!!)
The Crown – strange yet interesting documentary about a Colombian women prison and the most surreal beauty pageant.
The Elle World – a collection of genre shorts, some seem really interesting.

They will also show: Puccini for Beginners, Affinity, Grey Matters, and The Secrets. Obviously there are many gay interest movies with some that I know that I’ll watch eventually.

No comments yet