Monday, December 08, 2008

Sight & Sound Best of 2008


It’s that time of the year when film critics do their list of Best films of the year and well I have started to read some but will not post all of them. British film magazine Sight and Sound has a list that called my attention as I do agree with the inclusion of the films I have seen and now I think I will try to watch the ones haven’t seen.

This is the list

1. Hunger, Steve McQueen, UK
2. There Will Be Blood, Paul Thomas Anderson, USA
3. WALL-E, Andrew Stanton, USA
4. Gomorrah, Matteo Garone, Italy
5. (tie) A Christmas Tale, Arnaud Desplechin, France and The Class, Laurent Cantet, France (“dying” to see both!)
7. Of Time and the City, Terence Davies, UK
8. Happy-Go-Lucky, Mike Leigh, UK
9. (tie) The Headless Woman, Lucrecia Martel, Argentina, France, Italy and Spain, and Let the Right One In, Tomas Alfredson, Sweden

Magazine site is here. There are many movies that are not in the list, but from the ones listed do you agree with their inclusion or think that some should not be there?

No comments yet