Friday, July 13, 2007

Baise Moi


I have been avoiding this movie since a long time ago as it did not appeal me the basic premise of two girls going in a sex and killing rampage. But since it was available at the video club, I decided to rent it.

Well, it is very graphic, violent and I had to keep telling myself that it was just a movie and most of it was not real!!! And I say “most of it” as I hope it was fake sex… but you never know.

I should have followed my instincts and kept away from this movie that was shot in videotape with no artificial lighting, like The Blair Witch Project. This movie can be described as a road movie and is similar to UK Butterfly Kiss and Italy’s Benzina, two movies that I did not liked at all. Then one of the actresses, Raffaëla Anderson was also in the lesbian interest made for TV movie Amour de Femme, so you may be familiar with her.

Still is a movie that has 3 nominations in European film festivals, including one for the Golden Leopard at the 2000 Locarno International Film Festival.

If you have not seen this movie –know a lot of people that have seen it- maybe you should keep away from it.

No comments yet