Saturday, March 01, 2014

Very Late 2014 Oscar Predictions


Was not going to share my predictions but then changed my mind here they are. This year will be NOT easy to guess right so let see how many will get right and wrong. There are several categories that I am really hoping I am wrong so perhaps the 'BEST' wins, then IF happens be sure I will celebrate.

Wish organizers will change the awards presentation order as this year those categories that have two or more frontrunners could go towards the end so tension and interest remains during the whole show. Also, it is only me but don't you think that this year the award show is full of women? See, Ellen will host, Pink and Bette Midler will perform and no man has been announced to perform, so if they do will be in the background or a "surprise".

Please note that opted for no tie in any category, BUT there is always a possibility that one or more categories could end up with a tie ...

Best Film: 12 Years a Slave
Best Director: Alfonso Cuarón

Best Animated Film: Frozen
Foreign Language: The Great Beauty

Best Actress in a Leading Role: Cate Blanchett
Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Jennifer Lawrence
Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey
Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Jared Leto

Original Screenplay: Her
Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave

Cinematography: Gravity
Visual Effects: Gravity
Film Editing: Gravity
Sound Editing: Gravity
Sound Mixing: Gravity

Production Design: The Great Gatsby
Costume Design: American Hustle

Makeup and Hairstyling: Dallas Buyers Club

Music - Original Score: Gravity
Music - Original Song: Frozen

Documentary: The Act of Killing

Short Films
Live Action: The Voorman Problem (BUT I really liked Helium)
Animated: Get a Horse (But I really LOVED Mr. Hublot)
Documentary: The Lady in Number 6

In a bit more than 24 hours we will know how right or wrong I was this year and if I'm close to last year when guessed right 22 out of 24.

No comments yet