Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel


Perhaps I had too high expectations about this film, which is absolutely understandable just because the incredible cast, but I found film to be nice as an entertaining movie and not much else. But then I should not be surprised as I haven't enjoyed much John Madden movies since his great Shakespeare in Love. Sigh.

Still film is worth-watching for the marvelous cast that deliver good performances in a story about old age that gee can't be more different than my previous reviewed film, Ann Hui's A Simple Life. Film tells the story of a group of British retirees that due to different reasons -most related to financial circumstances- take up residence in what they believe is a newly restored hotel in India, where they find a lapidated building where initially destroys their hopes for a better life but soon enough perspective changes.

Story is funny in a very darkish way, which I highly enjoy, but in my opinion there were too many cliche's and typical stereotypes that made story highly predictable for me, which I don't particularly enjoy, and this time the voyage to a predictable destination was not as enjoyable even when was colorful in many ways more than the good visual imagery.

But who could resist watching a film with Judi Dench, Tom Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith and more great British actors? Not me and bet that not many of you, so go and watch film for feel-good entertaining purposes, with not much expectations, surely you will have a good time.

Enjoy!!

Watch trailer @MOC

No comments yet