2017/2018 Key Dates
Film Critics: Today, December 13, winners from Dallas ForthWorthFCA, ChicagoFCA and Film Comment Magazine. Nominations from HoustonFCS, PhoenixCC. PhoenixFCS.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Michael Jackson


One of the extraordinary things about having blogs is that I can voice my opinions about whatever touches me. Here I do it about movies. But today I stopped everything I was doing to watch Michael Jackson Memorial and I was touched by what many dare to call a show, but I see it as a sober and sad/cheerful ceremony, that impressed me because the respect shown by people who where at the Staples Center.

I still remember the televised ceremony for Princess Diana and the silence that I believed was because they were in a Church. But this was no church and people were so silent, so quiet, so respectful that it touched me. Also some of the people speaking about him -more about the human being and less about the entertainer- really humanized him to my eyes. That was impressive. Then some songs -that seem written for the occasion- were really sad and brought tears to my eyes, most performers were so respectful that their performances were truly remarkable, even when I do not particularly like them in their regular performances. Really touching.

I grew up with The Beatles and Michael Jackson. Both are gone, but their music will live forever. Rest In Peace Michael Jackson.

No comments yet