Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Rutger Hauer Filmfactory


Thanks to my crazy searching about the many films that are being screened in the current festivals, I discovered a site that I dedicate to my filmmakers readers (I know I have forgotten about you) that probably will excite you all as much as I’m excited about.

The site is a Youtube channel with the following description.

This channel is hosting clips & short films related to the Rutger Hauer Filmfactory masterclasses held in Rotterdam in 2007 & 2008. All were shot as an excersize in filmmaking. In the years to come RHFF wants to be a caleidoscopic "window" where filmmakers will trade knowhow for knowhow through a visual medium. For free! It is and always will be a work and a virtual dream in progress! After a visit to SUNDANCE(1989) the idea of a professional film stock exchange kept haunted me. This is a beginning.

The channel is here and there is a formal site under construction that will be here.

Up to today there are 369 videos, some with quite interesting to watch filmmaking materials and just as an example here is the 2008 Masterclass video that not only has excellent quality, but it’s very interesting to watch as a filmmaking process, even if you are not a filmmaker. Relax as is about half hour and enjoy!



Also there you will find 14 videos with shorts produced during the Masterclass and I strongly suggest you watch the short directed by Doris Yeung Wounds that is truly impressive. Definitively this is a channel that you can visit and watch videos for many days and lets hope that soon the 2009 Masterclass videos will be up.

Enjoy!!!

No comments yet