Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2


I liked the first installment and somehow I find that the second installment has a different rhythm that I did enjoy less and the story was so predictable that almost every situation I was able to accurately describe what comes next and even some dialogues and I haven’t read any books. Still I know that some of you will like it, especially if you’re really young or young at heart.

When the first movie came out perhaps the most famous was Alexis Bledel from the Gilmore Girls fame and/or Amber Tamblyn; but today thanks to Ugly Betty and Gossip Girls my attention was more focused in America Ferrara and Blake Lively, still found that not only because the character but also the actress “new look” Amber Tamblyn stole the movie. Then the small appearance by Shohreh Aghdash that plays Zara was very interesting as this actress really fascinates me.

Not a masterpiece and well it is entertaining, but was way too predictable with many cliché situations. Cinematography and production values are acceptable with nothing outstanding, except perhaps a few takes of beautiful Santorini.

The best part is that I assume that there will be no third installment and in a way I say that’s great as two installments are more than enough, but I’ll miss this nice women ensemble for sure.

Mainly suitable for young and young at heart women, some men that wish to learn something about young women and for those that wish to have a pure escapist fun moment, but do not expect much and you will enjoy it more.

Enjoy.

No comments yet