Saturday, March 08, 2008

You and I (Finding tATu)


Since today I was updating My Wish List #1 (suggest you check it as there are many new movies I wish to see) and because I think this could be an interesting movie I’m doing a special post for this movie that has hundreds of sites in the net.

The movie is directed by British and twice Oscar nominated (The Mission and The Killing Fields) director Roland Joffé and even if his good resumé does not assure anything, it just gives hope that this movie could be better than average in this genre.

The movie is a fictionalized version of real events that are told in a novel by Alesksey Mitrofanov called tATu Come Back and if you want to spoil the movie and read what seems like the complete novel (well it may not be all but there is a lot or reading material) go here to read what is described as “a novel in text messages”.

Tells about two teenage girls, Janie who is American and Lana who is Russian that fall in love after meeting at a tATu concert. Mischa Barton plays Russian Lana Starkova and sort of newcomer (she has done mainly TV) Shantel VanSaten plays Janie Sawyer (her next film is Final Destination 4!) and well the movie is more complex as seems they go into a “dangerous world of obsession, drug abuse and murder”… oops! Since I believe everyone knows who Mischa Barton is, let me show a pic of VanSaten.

Photobucket


There are many Youtube videos for this movie and this link will take you to see many of them if you feel like checking them, but be aware that if you check too many it will spoil the movie for you. Yes tATu is in the movie playing themselves and there is a lot of music from this duo, so if you like their music it is a plus to see the movie.

The film plans to be premiered at the 61st Cannes Film Festival in May 2008 and this tells me that could be a very good movie no matter the story... let's hope it makes it to Cannes (too early to really know as their site up-to-today only has listed the selection team names) and then I could be really excited about this movie.

P.S. As a VERY IMPORTANT NOTE TO ME I'm adding that next movie by Roland Joffé is called Singularity and starts no other than Aishwarya Rai as Tulaja!!!!! And since I cannot helped I’m including Aish next movies: Sarkar Raj, Pink Panther 2, and Bophal Movie.

No comments yet