Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow Cake


I believe is a good movie that shows us Autism in a highly operational form with a good performance by Sigourney Weaver as Linda Freeman. Alan Rickman is also good as a troubled with his past and recent present man and Carrie-Anne Moss is good as a straightforward selfish woman. The movie tells about how this three characters come to get to know each other, help each other for a while and have life changing experiences that will perhaps change their future.

The movie, the performances, the actors, the story, the cinematography, and even the music are good. Is a good movie. But, I needed more.

To me as a movie it was too bland, insipid, plain. A movie that comes and goes, it does not stay with you and even if at moments it does make you feel some emotions, in general you are a spectator that are not allowed to come inside the story.

I don’t think there was need for more drama, as I read in some critics comments, I believe that filmmaking is about telling stories and how you tell a story makes a huge difference. I think that the director with this film fails to be a good storyteller and he had the material to tell an outstanding story that could have become an outstanding movie. He had very good actors too that with their performances “tried” to save the movie but they couldn’t.

Sometimes good is just not enough and this is one of those times. I can’t recommend this movie even if Alan Rickman, Sigourney Weaver and Carrie-Ann Moss are here, all actors that I enjoy very much their performances and try to see all their movies.

No comments yet