Wednesday, January 16, 2008

80th Academy Awards News


Yesterday the Academy announced the short list of movies that will go into the second round of voting for Foreign Language and have to say that I really do not understand the members thinking as you will see nowhere 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days or Persepolis!!! This is totally unforgiving and think that does not speak well about voting members! Here is the shorter list.

Austria, “The Counterfeiters,” Stefan Ruzowitzky
Brazil, “The Year My Parents Went on Vacation,” Cao Hamburger
Canada, “Days of Darkness,” Denys Arcand
Israel, “Beaufort,” Joseph Cedar
Italy, “The Unknown Woman,” Giuseppe Tornatore
Kazakhstan, “Mongol,” Sergei Bodrov
Poland, “Katyn,” Andrzej Wajda
Russia, “12,” Nikita Mikhalkov
Serbia, “The Trap,” Srdan Golubovic

Well, I haven’t seen most of them, so I hope I’ll be able to watch them before the awards are announced. Have to say that The Counterfeiters didn’t impressed me that much, but yes I liked a lot The Unknown Woman, but is not as good as the unforgivable omissions. Gee, now I’m starting to lose interest (and credibility) in this awards show.

No comments yet