2017/2018 Key Dates
#Oscars2018 Foreign-Language Film: Today, October 6, submission from Syria, Senegal, Mongolia, Honduras, Haiti, Costa Rica, China and Australia.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Nancy Drew


This Andrew Fleming film is also known as Nancy Drew and The Mystery in Hollywood Hills, is according to me a mix of traditional Nancy Drew with Ghost Whisper and a new version of a contemporary Nancy Drew that behaves more like a nerd than anything else. But then, I really do not know what I am doing watching teenagers films!!

Long time ago I used to read and watch Nancy Drew stories, so I was looking forward to see what they did with a classic. Honestly, I did not like it but reading critics and viewers that probably have never read or seen old stories -and know Nancy because video games (!!)-, well they liked the movie.

I could not stand Emma Roberts (Julia Roberts niece) acting; she played a “plastic” and too nice to-believe Nancy. Then she looks like a very young girl, not even a teen and she behaves like an older teen, not credible. Besides Nancy Drew was much older than what they tried to portrait her here.

If you are a teenager then maybe you will enjoy this movie, otherwise I do not suggest you watch it, you’ll be very disappointed.

No comments yet