Friday, June 15, 2007

51st David di Donatello Winners


These are some of the winners announced last night.

Best Italian Film: La Sconosciuta (The Unknown Woman), Guiseppe Tornatore
Best Director: Guiseppe Tornatore, La Sconosciuta (The Unknown Woman)
Best Young Director: Kim Rossi Stuart, Anche Libero Va Bene (Along the Ridge)
Best European Film: Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others), Florian Henckel von Donnesmarck
Best Foreign Film: Babel, Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu
Best Actress: Ksenia Rappoport, La Sconosciuta (The Unknown Woman)
Best Actor: Elio Germano, Mio Fratello e Figlio Unico (My Brother is an Only Child)
Best Musical Score: Ennio Morricone, La Sconosciuta (The Unknown Woman)

More winners at their site which is not yet updated, but probably will be soon.

I am no Italian movie expert, but I do believe La Sconosciuta is a great movie and I am glad is getting many honors; do not understand Elio Germano winning … but I do believe than in the future he will be a good actor.

By sheer coincidence, last night I was able to see the awards ceremony on TV, which to my eyes was very informal, sloppy and very different to Cannes or the Academy Awards. The best part was being able to see Pedro Almodovar talking very fast Italian. Go figure.

No comments yet