Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blindness


I really do not want to write much about this movie that I believe is one of the worst I have seen in 2008, but there are few things that I do want to share with you all.

I have the impression that this is a great story that is a must be read book and I will try to read it, as definitively seems like a great complex human drama that in my opinion was totally underplayed by terrible directing, storytelling, edition, and the awful decision to film in English when the movie is set in Brazil.

Unbelievable terrible performances make this movie unbearable to watch, but I did watch the whole movie just because I wanted to find what happens at the end. I believe that if the movie didn’t spend that much time inside the compound and more time outside, perhaps the movie could have become more interesting to watch, but then I also think that would have look a lot like I Am Legend. Cinematography is the only tech spec above average but it is not enough to watch the movie.

So, no matter how I see it still is one of the worst movies I have seen in 2008. I cannot recommend this movie, but I strongly suggest you read the novel by José Saramago.

No comments yet