Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman


Not much to say about Rupert Sanders debut except that special effects are fantastic but he definitively has to improve his directorial skills as I found his story telling style dull when story had so much potential to be an action oriented film with a bit of drama, romance and perhaps even some mystery. But definitively there is nothing of the above, just a very noisy action that makes your seat shake and your ears explode.

As some of you know I have been following Kristen Stewart career well before she became a celebrity and have enjoyed her not-blockbuster movies as well as the Twilight saga. But I'm still objective and have to admit that in this movie in the hands of an inexperienced director she tends to be not good and seems like she's lost with no clear direction. Unfortunately the same happens with Charlize Theron and all the other great British actors that populate the movie.

But then movie is a blockbuster that has collected lots of money around the world, a movie that definitively is targeted to teenagers who will watch once and a few times again. So for whatever is worth, is not bad as an escape moment but not much else.

A second installment is in the works, be assured that this time I'll wait for the Blu Ray so I can lower the volume when the noisy action gets almost unbearable to sustain. Don't get me wrong I have an eclectic taste for movies and as a reference check what I say about Hunger Games, which yes I enjoyed beyond my expectations. Unfortunately this franchise is no Hunger Games at all.

Haven't watch it yet? Strongly suggest you wait to watch it in the comfort of your home.

Enjoy. (Just for the great special effects)

Watch trailer @MOC (Trailers are a lot better than what movie actually is)

No comments yet