Saturday, June 05, 2010

And Then Came Lola


A nice comedy for those that like American dryish humor. Me I don't. So, no surprise, I didn't enjoyed much this Ellen Seidler and Megan Siler film that was inspired in one film that definitively I liked a lot Run Lola Run.

Tells about photographer Lola and a series of fortuitous incidents that doesn't allow her to reach her destination on time to give her girlfriend some photos. The story is told several times changing the situations in the fortuitous incidents, until the last one that has a happy ending.

I had no expectations for this film and even when I knew was inspired in excellent Run Lola Run, I was not expecting the film to be alike and well, it's not. I watched the film for two known to me actresses and well they did perform as always, meaning I saw Jill Bennett and Cathy DeBuono and not their characters.

But, I know that many liked and will like the film as an escape moment with a nice American dryish humor comedy, unfortunately I'm not one of them. Can't recommend the film but I know that many will watch as is a comedy with a well-known cast in the lesbian interest genre.

Sigh.

Watch trailer @ Movie On Companion

No comments yet