Monday, March 08, 2010

Very Late Oscar Predictions - The Day After


Gee, seems that I have many predictions right, lol! Later I will post all the winners and will do the math in this post.

Thanks to all my dear friends that asked for my predictions and please excuse me for doing them so late. Here they are.

Best Picture: HAS to win The Hurt Locker (if Avatar wins will mean that mainstream blockbusters from powerful Industry figures have more 'power' that filmmaker abilities and I still believe that tech awards are appropriate for Avatar) RIGHT

Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow has to make Academy history and will. First female director to win in 82 years of Oscar will be a reality as she's a remarkable filmmaker and has sweep most award. sooooo RIGHT

Best Actress: I wish Meryl Streep wins, she did an excellent job with Julia Child, but the award will go to Sandra Bullock that also deserve the honor for a great performance. RIGHT

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges. RIGHT

Best Supporting Actress: Mo'nique RIGHT
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz RIGHT

Best Original Screenplay: Many say will be Inglourious Basterds, but I hope is The Hurt Locker. I voted for the second at The Auteurs. RIGHT
Best Adapted Screenplay: Up in the Air. WRONG

Best Animated Film: UP RIGHT

Best Foreign Language Film: HAS to be The White Ribbon and if not, A Prophet. WRONG

Best Cinematography: My Oscar goes to The White Ribbon, but being an American award I bet that Avatar will get it and honestly most was done with computers not Cameras. RIGHT

Best Art Direction: Avatar (no doubt and really is deserved). RIGHT
Achievement in Film Editing: My choice definitively is The Hurt Locker (great editing!), but won't be surprised if is given to Avatar. RIGHT

Achievement in Visual Effects: Avatar. This is the most well deserved award for this film. RIGHT
Achievement in MakeUp: My choice is Il Divo, but since is an American show will go to Star Trek. RIGHT

Achievement in Sound Editing: Avatar. Very glad I'm WRONG
Achievement in Sound Mixing: Avatar Very glad I'm WRONG
Original Score: UP RIGHT
Original Song: Me LOVED the one from Nine, but the one from Crazy Heart will win. RIGHT

Best Documentary: The Cove RIGHT
Best Documentary Short Subject: China's Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province WRONG

Best Animated Short Film: My choice Logorama, but probably A Matter of Loaf and Death will win. Sort of RIGHT
Best Live Action Short film: Miracle Fish. WRONG

Soon we will find how right or how wrong my predictions are. In the meantime I have in the background the noise of the crazy shows that E! broadcasts today. Lol!

As you can see there are 17 RIGHT and 6 WRONG. I forgot one category here, Costume Design but at The Auteurs I voted for The Young Victoria, so I was right in this category. Not bad at all, maybe next year I should engage in some kind of 'gambling' and win something, lol!

No comments yet