Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2009 Berlinale News


Since I’m in a posting mood, for a change, I will share with you that my favorite program of the Berlinale announced today that has completed the selection and will screen 48 films in the Main Program, Panorama Dokumente, Supporting Films, and 10 Years Panorama Audience Award.

I will not post the list until they have them in the official Program section, as I want to read what each movie is all about. But if you want to take a look at the list go here.

As you remember Tilda Swinton is the Jury President this year, but yesterday they announced the other jury members and they are: Spanish director Isabel Coixet, director Gaston Kaboré (Burkina Faso), Swedish best-selling author Henning Mankell, director Christoph Schlingensief (Germany), director Wayne Wang (USA) and food activist and author Alice Waters (USA). Have to say that this one very interesting and eclectic jury. To read the official press release go here.

No comments yet