Sunday, March 09, 2008

All About Anna


I wasn’t going to write about this movie as well it was not that amusing to watch (for some gratuitous and too graphic sex scenes), even when the story got me going. But I decided to write when I started to read about the movie.

See I do not like adult films and I’m one of those that believe that if you have seen one you have seen all. So obviously I’m not familiar with this industry and I was totally unaware that there is genre that is called “sex films for women” based on the principles that women like to see sex films with a plot, feelings and many other things stated in what is called “The Puzzy Power Manifesto” a statement on women and sensuality, that Lars von Trier’s Zentropa Productions wrote as guidelines to develop this kind of films. All About Anna is the third film co produced by Zentropa with Dogme 95 and the manifesto guidelines.

Many of you are familiar with Lars von Trier, the Danish director that has many excellent movies (Dogville, The Idiots, Dancer in the Dark to name a few) and is the cofounder of the Dogme 95 movement, so him being involved in this kind of projects at least assures some level of quality that All About Anna certainly do have as its production values are above many mainstream movies.

This movie was a first for me and I have to say that is my last one as well this is not my kind of entertainment. But I wanted to share this information with you all, as there may be some of you interested in this kind of films. If you want to learn more about this type of films check the movie official site that includes the manifesto go here or check the Zentropa site that by the way is one of the major production companies in Scandinavia.

The good news is that when reading about Zentropa I found that one Lars von Trier film that was shelved is going to be released in 2009. The movie is the last installment in von Trier’s trilogy entitled “USA – Land of Opportunities” where the two other parts are Dogville and Manderlay. The movie name is Wasington (yes written without the “h”).

No comments yet